I was planning a surprise B-day party for him and Brice because they turned 30 (on the 13th) (pictures below)!! So, Brad came home early and I had to hide all of the cake stuff and the decorations.. So it made things alot harder to plan and I just thought he was being a little baby and he would be better in a couple of days. MAN was I wrong.....
Well on Thursday it was really bad so we went up to the emergency room. They said they did not know what it was and gave him some muscles relaxers and right then it seemed to do the trick!!
Well the next couple of days he had fevers of 102.7, 101.5 and 100.1-- so I told him we should go back to the hospital and find out what is going on. Brad being the person that he is said " No lets just wait it out"
This went on until Sunday-- I went to ward council in the morning and after my meeting I called Brad to see if I needed to pick him up for church-- he said he was not feeling well and that he was going to stay home.. And being a MAN he said he needed me to come home right after young Women's. So I told him I would come home and take care of him. Then right after we hung up he called right back and said that his chest hurt and he was having a hard time breathing. So I rushed home and we went straight up to the hospital... They took him back right away ( Brad says now the trick to getting in the emergency room fast is to have chest pain and difficulty breathing) They took him back while I had to fill out paper work.
By the time I got back to him they had him hooked up to an EKG machine and breathing in a paper bag-- my first thought was 'heart-attack???' Well they said his heart was beating 205 beats per min. They gave him 4 different kinds of drugs, one of which made his heart stop then re-start to see if it would bring the rate down... It scared the crap out of me!! They finally gave him some lydocane which finally brought his heart rate down.
All of the testing they did came back good-- My husband has a healthy heart-- one of the healthiest the doc said... So then what the heck... Well he stayed in the hospital for 2 nights had an angiogram and that came back great and the answer we got was that they did not know exactly what happend. They think it was a viral infection that started in his brain, moved to his neck and back-- then attacked his heart.
He is doing good now and we see the Doc in about a month. He thinks this is a one time thing and I hope so.... I prayed so much, and I want to thank all the family and friends that helped us out with Blessing Brad and watching Brinlee-- we are so blessed to have everyone. I am also thankful for my Father in Heaven. I know he was watching over us and protecting us.
But In the middle of this we had the B-day party and here are some pictures. And I have done a couple more cakes :)
The cake!! Thanks to Kellie and Kamie who helped out because Brad came home early :)
Grandpa and Brinlee-- She is all dressed up to party
They look surprised
Kellie made these fresh lays for them, they were so beautiful!! Thanks again Kel
Brad and cute Brinlee-- as you can tell it was a Luau and it was fun!! I am glad Brad was able to make it to the party and he said he had a good time.
All the cup cakes! Kamie and Kellie did most of the work (I was taking care of Brad.)
So decorations, Kellie brought fresh leaves and flowers it was so great!
I made all the flowers on this cake and did the Basket weave
Butterfly
This cake was for Tayson's Birthday, he wanted Thomas the train and I tried to deliver Thomas.. He liked it and that is all that matters!
5 comments:
your cakes are gorgeous!!!! i meant it wow!!!!
That is so scary I am glad that he is ok. Good job on their party that was such a cute idea. You guys are all so talented:) Oh and I have dodgeball on Monday nights. I'm sad that I can't take the classes with you, your cakes are so cute and you do such a good job!!!
WOW! What a week you had! Cute party though I hope you guys got to enjoy it! Looks like a ton of fun though.
I am so glad he is alright! It is so scary when you dont have a clue what is wrong!! And again your cakes are amazing! Great work!
Looks like my 30th birthday (or days around it) were a lot better than Brads! At least I got to bring home a baby on mine!
I love the cakes and the party pictures!
I'm thankful Brad is ok!
Post a Comment